Monday 23 March 2009

, , , , ,

Review: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Wicked Lovely by Melissa MarrWicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - I would normally give my own summery for novels, but I just love the blurb for this novel, so I'm going to give you that.

Rule 3: Never stare at invisible faeries - Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world.
Rule 2: Never speak to invisible faeries - One of them, a beautiful faery boy named Keenan is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.
Rule 1: Don't ever attract their attention - Now it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King and is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost. Without her, summer itself will perish...

When I first heard about this book, I didn't really fancy it. It was a suggestion in a book club I used to be in, but I didn't like the sound of it. Faeries? Really? I don't think so. I just didn't see how a book about faeries could be good. I'll be honest, I imagined Disney fairies. And the idea of this fairy forcing this girl to be his wife, I thought I'd get annoyed with it more than anything else. Then we had to read it for the book club.

I loved it! Seriously, this book is just amazing. The characters are so well formed, and so believeable. The descriptions of the faeries are just awesome, you can really see them. It's a multiple POV book, and in the beginning it annoyed me because I wanted to know what was happening with one character, and it would skip to the next, but it's so much better this way. You get everyone's story. If anyone can read this book and think Keenan is evil, I'll eat my hat. There's so much going on for the individual characters, and your sympathies lie with all of them, each in turn. You can't help but feel sorry for all the POV characters, Aislinn, Keenan and Donia. And I can't write a review of this book without mentioning Seth. My god, the guy is hot. He simply amazes me with how hot and sexy he is, yet how caring and tender and gentle he is as well. The boy is just amazing! I really liked how this book ended, and Aislinn's strength throughout the novel. It was such an awesome book, it's one of my favourites! I'd recommend this book to anyone in a heartbeat.



Published: 2007
Publisher: Harper Collins
Buy on Amazon US
Melissa Marr's Website

Other Reviews on Wicked Lovely:
On the Nightstand / Darque Reviews / Literary Escapism / Books and Needlepoint / Melissa's Bookshelf / I Heart Monster / Paperback Passion / Things Mean A Lot / Persnickety Snark / Wondrous Reads / Stella Matutina

0 comments:

Post a Comment