Sunday 12 April 2009

, , , ,

Review: Armed and Magical by Lisa Shearin

Armed and Magical by Lisa ShearinArmed and Magical by Lisa Shearin - WARNING! This is the second book in a series. I cannot talk about this book without spoiling the first. Read no further if you plan on reading Magic Lost, Trouble Found.

Raine benares needs to get rid of her link to the Saghred. With it, she has unlimited power at her disposal - and the evil Khrynsani shamans on her tail. She has just arrived on the Ilse of Mid, hoping one of the mages of the Conclave can help her get loose of the Saghred's grasp. But she's followed by the goblins who want "their" stone back, and now amongst magic users are those greedy for power, who will go to any lengths to get it. And when spellsinging students disappear from the school on Mid, Raine is expected to find them.

I have no idea how I am going to manage to review this book bar these two words: absolutely amazing! I loved MLTF, but A&M goes above and beyond what I expected.

Quite literally, Lisa Shearin is a fantasy genius. That is it. I was bubbling over with excitement at each and every twist and turn that smacked me in the face - or rather Raine in the face. There is so much suspence in this novel, I sitting on the edge of my seat throughout most of it.

Well loved characters show their faces again in A&M, along with new people. As soon as you meet him, you love the goblin spell singer Talon. Ronan Cayle is pretty awesome too, in his strict teachery sort of way, and for someone who has control of the island, Justinius Valerian isn't bad either. The lovely Mychael and Tam are still here, but a new bunch of bad guys come out of the woodwork too, the kind you love to hate.

There really isn't much else I can say without spoiling, so I won't, but you definitely need read the book!



Published: May 2008
Publisher: Ace Fantasy
Buy from Amazon US
Lisa Shearin's Website

My other reviews of the series:
Magic Lost, Trouble Found

Other Reviews of Armed and Magical:
Love Romances and More
The Epic Rat

0 comments:

Post a Comment