Monday 12 September 2011

Death and Bereavement in Teen Lit Week: It's Here!

Death and Bereavement Week

Death is a fact of life. Everyone dies, and we have to accept that. But what's hard is actually coming to terms with the fact that loved ones are no longer here. In my opinion, the teenage years are when everything feels so much bigger and important, and when things effect you most strongly. This is not to detract from the greif felt by adults, everyone finds grief hard, but I feel losing someone close to you as a teenager, when you yourself feel invincible... it's going to be a huge deal.

And so Death & Bereavement in Teen Lit Week was born, to see how authors deal with such a sensitive subjet. Unfortunately, due to computer issues, I was unable to make this a month long event, but I'm able to use what I had already written to hold a themed week. During this week, I will look into books that deal with those in mourning, those who are dying, and in some cases, those who are dead. There will be reviews, author interviews, and discussions.

Below is a schedule of what you'll find on Once Upon a Bookcase during this week. I hope you, for want of a better word, enjoy.

Monday 12th September 2011
My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece by Annabel Pitcher
Interview with Annabel Pitcher

Tuesday 13th September 2011
Review: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Interview with Lauren Oliver

Wednesday 14th September 2011
Discussion: Reasons for Reading Books About Death
Review: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Thursday 15th September 2011
Review: Before I Die by Jenny Downham
Interview with Jenny Downham

Friday 16th September 2011
Review: And By the Way... by Denise Deegan
Guest Post from Denise Deegan: Bereavement in And By the Way...

Saturday 17th September 2011
Review: A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley
Previously Reviewed
Other Bloggers' D&B Posts

Sunday 18th September 2011
Further Reading
Death and Bereavement in Teen Lit: The End

0 comments:

Post a Comment